Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlatFish
Helper II
Helper II

Sending an email using a sharepoint list and dropdowns

Hi everyone, 

I have multiple dropdowns that a user can select, all options are in a sharepoint list that has specific columns called Email body and email subject. I want to send an email with a button to specific users that are constant, but the body and subject varies depending on the selected items in the dropdown.

This is what I have that does not work. How would I go about modifying this so when this button is clicked it opens up outlook and populates the subject/body accordingly

LookUp(LookupTable,User = userSelectDropDown.Selected.Title && 'Bank Names' = bankSelectionDropDown.SelectedText.Title && 'Account Option' = accountOptionDropDown.Selected.Title && 'Bank Account type' = bankAccountTypeDropDown.Selected.Title,Launch("mailto:email@email.com" & &body='Email Body'))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlatFish :

please try:

Launch(
  "mailto:email@email.com",
  {
   subject: "Subject", 
   cc: "bof@ss.com", 
   body: "Body"
  }
)

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vwyankee
Helper V
Helper V

From what you describe I feel like you may have overcomplicated this. To have a button that creates an email draft from selected fields in the Power Apps form you could use something as simple as:

Luanch("mailto:recipients@yourdomain.com?subject="&DropDownControl01.selected.value&"Whatever else for the subject&body="&DropDownControl02.selected.value&"whatever else you want in the body")

If you need to do lookups based on what is selected in the Power Apps form you can insert those in there as well, but it all needs to be within your Launch operator. You can also create a variable for the whole html string and then after use it in your Launch operator - Launch("mailto:"&varMailtoString)

v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FlatFish :

please try:

Launch(
  "mailto:email@email.com",
  {
   subject: "Subject", 
   cc: "bof@ss.com", 
   body: "Body"
  }
)

Best Regards,

Bof

Thank you so much @v-bofeng-msft that is exactly what I needed!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,449)