Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nic182
Frequent Visitor

Sending email to requestor

Hi there,

I am very new to PowerApps. 🙂

I have put a form together so people can submit requests. 

So I have PowerApps connected to a SharePoint list.

Requestors use PowerApps form to send request.

Once request is submitted successfully I would like to send and email to the requestor.

The requestor in PowerApps is a ComboBox called 'NameValue'which is connected to Outlook. 

I have been able to successfully send myself an email letting me know a new request has been received using the OnSuccess function. The 

However I have not been able to figure out how to send a confirmation email to the requestor, with the Title of the request and and message with the autogenerated ID included.

Any help would be awesome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Super User
Super User

@nic182 If the requestor is the currently logged in user, you can send an email to them like this,

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(User().Email,"Title",yourForm.LastSubmit.ID)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CNT
Super User
Super User

@nic182 If the requestor is the currently logged in user, you can send an email to them like this,

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(User().Email,"Title",yourForm.LastSubmit.ID)
nic182
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the above but received an error message. I have added an attachment.

nic182
Frequent Visitor

Actually - I made a copy mistake. It all works. Thank you! Now to understand DataCards sizing and movement...:-) 

@nic182 

Glad to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,198)