cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmmcoffeegood
Level: Powered On

Sending .jpg from powerapps to Sharepoint

sc4.pngsc3.PNGsc2.PNGsc1.png

I am having an issue when uploading a picture from my powerapp thru flow to sharepoint library. Everything almost works perfectly. The app is taking and sending the pic fine, my issue is trying to view said pic on the app. It is like during the conversion, Flow creates a column called "name" in my sharepoint list and places the link to the image in that column. I can view the image from within sharepoint - no problem. I cannot view it within powerapps. Heck, I can't even see the column in powerapps or within List Settings of Sharepoint. This is odd. I'm certain my syntax is incorrect somewhere and sharepoint is just doing what my quirky command tells it to. But i would appreciate another opinion or set of eyes.

For the record, TextInput2 is the location where the image is named before clicking save.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Sending .jpg from powerapps to Sharepoint

Hi @mmmcoffeegood,

First of all, I'd like to correct one thing that Name column inside a library is created automatically when you first create the library, it is not created by Flow. 

You can view the Name column inside the app. For Gallery control, set the Text property of the label control to:

ThisItem.'{Name}'

Capture.PNG

If you want to launch the file in PowerApps, then you could insert a button in the template part of the Gallery and set its OnSelect property to:

Launch(ThisItem.'{Link}')

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mmmcoffeegood,

First of all, I'd like to correct one thing that Name column inside a library is created automatically when you first create the library, it is not created by Flow. 

You can view the Name column inside the app. For Gallery control, set the Text property of the label control to:

ThisItem.'{Name}'

Capture.PNG

If you want to launch the file in PowerApps, then you could insert a button in the template part of the Gallery and set its OnSelect property to:

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

mmmcoffeegood

Thank you for the reply, Mona. 

Excellent suggestions and great information!

The only other question regarding this is when I Set the OnSelect of the gallery > arrow to 

It launches the photo, but in a web browser. How would I tell it to launch in a screen named Details? 

I very much appreciate your help.

mmmcoffeegood

I see only one issue with sending the image to a browser to open. For each item(image) that is opened from within the gallery, the user is asked to log in to view each item. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,699)