cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Separate views for approver and user for my app

I am trying to create an approval application which is sent to manager for approval after request is made by the requester. What i want is a separate view of my application for requester and for approver. Requester will have less privilage as compare to Approver which can be a manager or CEO of a company. 

How can i do this in PowerApps?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Separate views for approver and user for my app

I have done something similar to this, I accomplished this type of thing different ways based on what I had available to me.

For one app, I had made a ticketing system. The techs had a different view than regular users. For this, I set up a Custom Entity in the CDS that contains the names of the techs and then the application tests if that name is in that entity and if it is, it navigates to the tech part of the application or displays/hides certain elements of the application and vice versa.

For another application, I tested off of certain Job Titles and Departments as was provided to me in their Office365 User data and made certain icons available/not available depending on where they were within the company.

It all depends on what way you'd like to go about it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,707)