cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Seperation of Functions in Power Apps (Germany)

Hello,

im new in Power Apps and i would like to implement an if statement with three different conditions. It's written in the Fill-Function of a rectangle

If (stringOfTextfield = "string1",Green,

stringOfTextfield = "string2",Red,

stringOfTextfield = "string3",Yellow,

Black)

If you read the PowerApps Documentation, it should work. Also every Tutorial explains it like this. Unfortunately it doesnt work. 

Are there different Functions seperators or can you tell me the correct way to do it ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @Patrick2 !

I think you need to have a nestled If statement. Try this:

If (stringOfTextfield = "string1",Green,If(stringOfTextfield = "string2",Red,If(stringOfTextfield = "string3",Yellow,Black)))

BR

Pontus

Highlighted

Helllo,

unfortunately your solution isn't working. Do i have to seperate the functions with a semikolon ?

Highlighted

Hi!

I think we are missing the "Text" property of the Text input. This exact formula is working for me so it should work for you 🙂

If (stringOfTextfield.Text = "string1",Green,If(stringOfTextfield.Text = "string2",Red,If(stringOfTextfield.Text = "string3",Yellow,Black)))

//Pontus 

Highlighted

Hi thank you for your help.

I had to change the Language-Settings in Chrome to US-English. The PowerApps in German are useing different Syntax. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,956)