Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyWork
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Serachable dropdown with checkboxes for multiselect result

Hi

I wonder if it's possibel to create a searchable dropdown where you can select the results by ticking a checkbox, should be able to select multiple items from the search.

Im trying to search the ID field of a SharePoint list. So if i search for example 11 i will get the result of all ID's thats starts with 11 and i can then select multiple items and save the result

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JimmyWork this is a default warning just to let you know about the possible side effects by using large data sets, but it's a default message.

Regarding filtering by ID, that formula that I mentioned to you`will filter using the ID column, and then you can add it yo a gallery with some comboboxes inside to make the selection if you want.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
_douglasromao
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @JimmyWork ,

I think you will need to use two components to make it work, the first one would be a text box where you can type what you are searching for and the second one would be a gallery with the filtered values, using a checkbox inside this Gallery to be the marked/unmarked values. Something like this:

08102019-2.jpg08102019.jpg

In this case, I'm filtering the results on the Gallery based on what the user typed on the text box.

Regards,

Douglas Romão

@_douglasromao Thank you this works fine but nptfor the ID field in SharePoint

@JimmyWork you can use the following formula as the Items source for your Gallery:

Filter(YourDataSource, YourTextBox.Text in Text(ID))

@_douglasromao Thank you very much. It works but i do get a delegation warning and when the list reaches more then 5000 items i guess it wont work so good?

And im not able to select anything, guess i need a combobox and select the items ID i want then get that data out and stored.

What i basicly want is to select items based on the ID. This way im creating a relation  beetwen the items.  Select all items that are similiare and connect them in one item

@JimmyWork this is a default warning just to let you know about the possible side effects by using large data sets, but it's a default message.

Regarding filtering by ID, that formula that I mentioned to you`will filter using the ID column, and then you can add it yo a gallery with some comboboxes inside to make the selection if you want.

@_douglasromao 

Can't seemt o get it to work using Filter('Teams Flow Test'; SearchBox.Text in Text(ID))

I get Gallary excpected Record

Never mind this was powerapps stuck, fixed after reloading 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,552)