cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LOGiT
Advocate I
Advocate I

Server Response ETAG mismatch (Conflicts exist with changes on the server, please reload)

Hi,

I just started getting this issue on an app that was working fine previously.

I've been looking at some posts about this but its not clear to me how to fix this.

Here is the OnSelect statement on my save button:

SubmitForm(Form3);
Notify("Data saved successfully", NotificationType.Success);
Clear(ScannerButton1);Clear(ScannerButton2);Clear(ScannerButton3);Clear(ScannerButton4);Clear(ScannerButton5);Clear(ScannerButton6);Clear(ScannerButton7);Clear(ScannerButton8);Clear(ScannerButton9);Clear(ScannerButton10);Clear(ScannerButton11);Clear(ScannerButton12);Clear(ScannerButton13);Clear(ScannerButton14);Clear(ScannerButton15);Clear(ScannerButton16);Clear(ScannerButton17);Clear(ScannerButton18);Clear(ScannerButton19);Clear(ScannerButton20);Clear(ScannerButton21);Clear(ScannerButton22);Clear(ScannerButton23);Clear(ScannerButton24);Clear(ScannerButton25);Clear(ScannerButton26);Clear(ScannerButton27);Clear(ScannerButton28);Clear(ScannerButton29);Clear(ScannerButton30);Clear(ScannerButton31);Clear(ScannerButton32);Clear(ScannerButton33);Clear(ScannerButton34);Clear(ScannerButton35);Clear(ScannerButton36);Clear(ScannerButton37);Clear(ScannerButton38);Clear(ScannerButton39);Clear(ScannerButton40);Clear(ScannerButton41);Clear(ScannerButton42);Clear(ScannerButton43);Clear(ScannerButton104);Clear(ScannerButton116)

Can someone please help me?

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @LOGiT 

This type of error usually occurs if another user modifies the source record before the current user clicks the save button. I think it's worth checking your form and process to see how this might be happening. Could someone be modifying the record outside of PowerApps?

If you want to force your save button to win the conflict, you can do this by refreshing your data source prior to calling SubmitForm.

Refresh(YourDataSource);
SubmitForm(Form3);
Notify("Data saved successfully", NotificationType.Success);
Clear(ScannerButton1);
etc.....
mmattar
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello, i m getting the same issue. I put refresh(datasource) before i submit and it still does not work. It will update the item the first time, but it the user wants to update again in the same session it Etag mismatches. Users should be able to edit items as many times as they like, what is the fix for this ? 

Did you ever figure it out? I'm struggling with that not working, too.

I've found that certain controls, for whatever reason, are more susceptible to turning up this problem than others.

It is not a case of contention over the data source (list), unless the app is tripping over itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,008)