cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Server Response Error in SQL

Hi,

I have an application in which I am storing data into SQL Datasource, I have a gallery in which I am filtering the data between the two date pickers, it was working fine before but now it's showing me error.

I am comparing my TimeSheet Table Date column with my two Date Pickers

Untitled.jpg

My TimeSheet Table of SQL:
(Collection)
CollectTimeSheet.jpg

Any Help? I need to filter the data between the selected dates. 
@RandyHayes 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

The main issues has to do with the date column. Per the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/

1. "Direct date filters do not work for SQL Server. However, you can create a calculated column that will work. For instance, ALTER TABLE myTable ADD DateAsInt AS (YEAR([date]) * 10000 + MONTH([date]) * 100 + DAY([date])) and then filter on the calculated number column"

So create another column based on the above and use the new Date column in your formula.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

The main issues has to do with the date column. Per the documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/sql/

1. "Direct date filters do not work for SQL Server. However, you can create a calculated column that will work. For instance, ALTER TABLE myTable ADD DateAsInt AS (YEAR([date]) * 10000 + MONTH([date]) * 100 + DAY([date])) and then filter on the calculated number column"

So create another column based on the above and use the new Date column in your formula.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Hello Sir @eka24 ,

What Should be the Formula for comparing? that new date column with the date pickers?

Super User III
Super User III

Your formula is ok. After creating the new date column in the SQL, replace Date with the new Date column

Can you put a text copy of you formula on the platform?

------------

Hi, @eka24 

Right now I am using this code in my Gallery Items Property.

SortByColumns(If(var1 && var2,Filter('[dbo].[TimeSheet]',UserId=MyUserEmail),

Filter('[dbo].[TimeSheet]',UserId=MyUserEmail ,(Date>=DatePicker3.SelectedDate) && (Date<=DatePicker1.SelectedDate))),Date,Ascending)

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,980)