cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil_01
Frequent Visitor

Service Accounts and Licensing

Hi all,

I would like to get clarity on service accounts and licensing in Power Apps. 

- In Power Apps, using Per User Plan for service account. Does end users also need to have premium account? (My scenario - I created canvas apps which pulls the on-prem sql data into the form. When the user submits the form the data goes into the SharePoint list)

I'm thinking to use a service account having the premium connector to pull/push the on-prem sql data. Can the end user use the service account to submit the data ? or they also need to have per user plan to submit the data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Nikhil_01 

In your scenario - if any of your Apps or any Flows consumed by your App use a premium connector, then you need a premium license for users of your app.

There is no service account that can be set up for a part of your app or flow.

You could share one account, but that would mean all are using that and not their own.

You could set up a premium license for Flow and have a scheduled "pump" of data from SQL to SharePoint or vice versa, but that would not be real time, and you'd need to design it.

I hope this is helpful information for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Nikhil_01 

In your scenario - if any of your Apps or any Flows consumed by your App use a premium connector, then you need a premium license for users of your app.

There is no service account that can be set up for a part of your app or flow.

You could share one account, but that would mean all are using that and not their own.

You could set up a premium license for Flow and have a scheduled "pump" of data from SQL to SharePoint or vice versa, but that would not be real time, and you'd need to design it.

I hope this is helpful information for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,949)