cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Service Desk Example

When I change the status to Closed the DateClosed field in the Tickets spreadsheet is updated to the current date. When I change the status from Closed the DateClosed field is updated with a blank date. Can someone help me find the sourcecode that update this DateClosed field?

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi,

The formula in for the Save button is as follows

If(TextBox5_25.Text<>"Closed", UpdateIf(TicketsCollect1,ID=EditRecord.ID,{Status:TextBox5_25.Text,AssignedTo:assign,DateClosed:"--",AccountName:TextBox5_59.Text,Priority:TextBox5_60.Text,Subject:TextInput2.Text,Description:TextInput4.Text,Comment:TextInput3.Text}),UpdateIf(TicketsCollect1,ID=EditRecord.ID,{Status:TextBox5_25.Text,AssignedTo:assign,DateClosed:TextBox3.Text,AccountName:TextBox5_59.Text,Priority:TextBox5_60.Text,Subject:TextInput2.Text,Description:TextInput4.Text,Comment:TextInput3.Text}));Navigate(DashboardPage,ScreenTransition.Fade)

The key part is that the DateClosed is set to "--" if the status text box is not "Closed"

Hope this helps! (I hope this is what you were looking for, if not please let me know!)

Also, if you go to web.powerapps.com, the examples we have now give you the option to make the app a copy of the app, so you can inspect the formulas for the app.

Cherie

Thank you for your reply Cherie,
Unfortunately, I do not find this formula in the Save button.

I have created my App from the Service Desk template, with phone layout.
In this app I have a save button on the TicketsDetailsPage but the formula on the OnSelect event for this button is only: SubmitForm(TicketDetailsForm).
However, I have the following formula in the Default field on the TicketsDetailsPage: If(IsBlank(EditRecord.DateClosed);"--";EditRecord.DateClosed)

In this App I do not have a DashboardPage either, but I can see from your formula that you have Navigate(DashboardPage,ScreenTransition.Fade). This make me believe that we are looking at different examples.

@knutarst, I suspect you are using an older template, you could recreate it from web.powerapps.com.

However, what you can do is update the EditRecord in the OnChange property for the ticket status

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,952)