cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Session Ended And Progress Not Saved?

I was experimenting in an app with a screen having a bunch of controls placed on it (I was following a book on Power Apps), and then I stepped away for a while.

I came back and there was a "Session Ended" alert.

When I restarted/resumed the session, I could not find the work I had done at all. Is it hidden somewhere or is this some kind of user-unfriendliness I should be aware of?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @StevePenner 

Most likely, you've unfortunately lost the work that you've done. It isn't hidden in a special place.

By default, PowerApps will auto save your work every two minutes. You can find this setting in the file > accounts menu item. If you've created a brand new app which you have not saved, the autosave feature will not work until you've initially saved your app.

As a tip, you can easily save your work using the ctrl-s shortcut combination. If you do this regularly, it can help the minimise the potential for lost work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Its a good idea in Power Apps to use the file menu to Save your work periodically, especially if you step away from the computer for any length of time.  The current work is cached in the cloud, so if you web session expires and you haven't saved it you will lose the work.  Its inherent in Power Apps using a Web editor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @StevePenner 

Most likely, you've unfortunately lost the work that you've done. It isn't hidden in a special place.

By default, PowerApps will auto save your work every two minutes. You can find this setting in the file > accounts menu item. If you've created a brand new app which you have not saved, the autosave feature will not work until you've initially saved your app.

As a tip, you can easily save your work using the ctrl-s shortcut combination. If you do this regularly, it can help the minimise the potential for lost work.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,947)