Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Set Default for Combo box from a SP list text field

Hi,

I have a Combo box populated with a column from a collection:

Items:

SortByColumns(ShowColumns(Filter(tSDCODES,'SDC-TYPE'="LM"&&'SDC-STAT'="A"),"SDC-DESC"),"SDC-DESC",Ascending)

• I want to show a default value in this Combo box based on a text field of a sharepoint list column [PM], or select a default item from the Combo box based on the text of the column [PM]. Text in column [PM] will always match one of Combo box menu "SDC-DESC" item.

I have tried lookups and filters but no luck. If I switch the [PM] column to a choice column it works, but I don't want a choice column because my choices are dynamic so I prefer simple text.

P.S. Not using Parent.Default, I am not using DataCards properly because of the complex UI I have, I am saving via Collect function all my fields.

Thanks a lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unbelieveble after hours of trying I decided to post for help and few min later I figure it out LOL, if anyone is interested. Filter using the DefaultSelectItems:

Search(Combo box source, Items:, Search criteria (in my case text column ThisItem.PM), "Combo box source column")

Search(SortByColumns(ShowColumns(Filter(tSDCODES,'SDC-TYPE'="LM"&&'SDC-STAT'="A"),"SDC-DESC"),"SDC-DESC",Ascending),ThisItem.PM,"SDC-DESC")

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unbelieveble after hours of trying I decided to post for help and few min later I figure it out LOL, if anyone is interested. Filter using the DefaultSelectItems:

Search(Combo box source, Items:, Search criteria (in my case text column ThisItem.PM), "Combo box source column")

Search(SortByColumns(ShowColumns(Filter(tSDCODES,'SDC-TYPE'="LM"&&'SDC-STAT'="A"),"SDC-DESC"),"SDC-DESC",Ascending),ThisItem.PM,"SDC-DESC")

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,270)