cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Set Listbox Items using Global Variable Table

Just starting out with doing Powerapps.  I'm doing some experiments.  I want to populate a listbox with a global variable table.  The only thing in experiment is one screen and the Listbox.  The intention is to use this to navigate to screens in app.  I have a table defined:

Set(NavMenu, Table(
{Entity:"Client", Screen:"ClientDetails"},
{Entity:"Contact", Screen:"ContactDetails"},
{Entity:"Matter", Screen:"MatterDetails"},
{Entity:"Task", Screen:"TaskDetails"}))

I put this on the screen OnStart so when app starts it will initialize.  I then set ithe Items property of the Listbox to use NavMenu.

ListboxItems.png

GV-NavMenu.png

Under Uses I see the Listbox.  When I run app the Listbox is empty.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I've searched and can't find it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Set Listbox Items using Global Variable Table

The OnStart action is only executed when the app is opened; can you try saving the app, closing it, and opening it again? This way the OnStart rule will run and the variable will be defined for your app.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: Set Listbox Items using Global Variable Table

Thanks Carlos, that fixed it.  I misunderstood OnStart.  I thought OnStart ran when clicked Play not when you opened app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,496)