cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Set Lookup on embedded canvas app used ModelDrivenFormIntegration value

I have a canvas app integrated on a D365 CE form. The app is essentially a form and i would like to populate fields on the form with the context of the record it is embedded in. For example, embedded in an Account and i want to create a child record connected to the Account without having the user select it again.

Generally speaking i have had issues using the data from the FormIntegration context. Anyone have any advice/feedback? Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Set Lookup on embedded canvas app used ModelDrivenFormIntegration value

Hi @tcorcor11 ,

Do you want to pass the current record as a data context to the embedded canvas app?

Here's a doc for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/pass-current-embedded-canvas-app

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enrich-your-model-driven-forms-with-embedded-canvas-apps-...

If you meet some problems about it, please show more details about it. Pictures, formulas, etc all help.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Set Lookup on embedded canvas app used ModelDrivenFormIntegration value

Hi Phoebe,

Thanks, i missed on critical detail in that doc. Initially I was using the below:

[@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Data.ext_fieldname

Instead of:

First([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Data).ext_fieldnameid

Now, the field ext_fieldname is a lookup and i am trying to set that by default. I can pull the guid and drop it in a text field but passing that into the combobox i am using for the lookup doesnt work. It returns a "value must be a data entity" error. I have also tried just using the below to set the record by default without success:

First([@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Data)

Thanks again for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,431)