cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony_47127

Set Radiobutton depending on global variable

Hello Powerapper,

I want to change the value of a radio button depends of the value of a global variable that was already set.

example:

Radio1:
If(Radio1.Selected.Value="Yes"; Set(check1;"Yes");Radio1.Selected.Value="No"; Set(check1;"No");" ");;

Radio2:

If(check1="Yes"; Set(Radio2.selected.value = "Yes")
If(check1="No"; Set(Radio2.selected.value = "No")

If check1 has no value, the RadioButton should be unchecked.

But it does not work like this. Is there a solution for this? I could not find anything in the forum.

Small information:
It must be configured via the global variable, because after the operation of radio 1 this value is cached and retrieved later

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
RusselThomas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Tony_47127 ,

Looking at the logic - assuming Radio1 and Radio2 have similar options ("Yes" and "No") - can't you just set Radio2 to be the same as Radio1?

i.e. Radio2 Default: property

Radio1.Selected.Value

?

Anyway, if there's a reason you need to use the variable, then the logic is similar but you probably want to set the variable using the OnChange: property of Radio1, and if you plan to use the logic in the same way you've done in your post then it can just be this;

Set(Check1, Self.Selected.Value)

Then your Radio2 Default: property can be

Check1

This does require that Radio2 does have the same options as Radio1 though....still, if you don't need to use the variable and can make Radio2 = Radio1 then rather do that and keep things simple.

Hope this helps,

RT

Tony_47127

Thank you for your suggested solution.

I have worked with the methodology but unfortunately I have not described my problem well. Therefore it did not work completely
Here is a new attempt to describe my whole problem: 🙂

We need help to create an app with saving functions.

1. The sense is that the selected values of radio1,2,3,..., are saved as global values (check1,2,3,...,).
  2. In the next step we want to save all data in the memory1 with a “saving button1“.
  3. An other button “Delete“ should be reset all selected data of the radio buttons.
  4. And when retrieving the memory/cache via another button "Execute1", the values of the radio buttons are back to their own set value.
  5. This should be possible with 5 different memories.

Example:

1. select values of Radio1 (options: "yes" and "no")
  2. save the value as check1
  3. store the check1,2,3,..., values in “memory1“
  4. delete the entries of Radio1 “Delete“
  5. select the button "Execute1" from memory 1
  6. set Radio1 again to the value of (check1)

The  OnSelect properties of the radio button 1 is

If(Radio1.Selected.Value="yes";Set(check1; "yes");Radio1.Selected.Value="no";Set(check1; "no");" ")

The Default properties of the Radio buttons 1 is

Switch(Buffer;

1;If(LookUp(Data1;Titel="Index").available="Yes"||"No";true;false);

Button to Collect the Data:

ClearCollect(Data1;{Titel:"Index"; available:check1;condition:DP1J.Selected.Value}

I would be glad if you could help me with this problem.
Greetings

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,260)