Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aadilganie
Advocate V
Advocate V

Set SP Lookup To Collection

Hi PowerUsers,

I have a gallery of suppliers (binded to SPList) that allows a user to tick per line. User can select 1 or more suppliers and collect the supplier Title and ID of the record to a collection.

On another screen I have a SP Lookup (lookup Title to the same SP List the gallery is binded to). I would like to set the default for the lookup field to the collection of suppliers the user has selected. Is this possible? If so, I would hope to patch this collection to the lookup field in SP. 

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @aadilganie,

SharePoint lookup columns are difficult to deal with in Powerapps because they are actually embedded tables.  IMHO it is better to avoid them and instead to bring in the values as a second datasource.  They can then be referenced using a dropbox on the original Edit Form.  Items in the second list can be added or modified using a regular Edit form in Powerapps.  If you want to persist in trying to use them.  I suggest reviewing https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-to-patch-a-SharePoint-Lookup-Column/m-p/2....  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,795)