cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AYCHL
Level: Powered On

Set() Variable not working (Record)

Hello to everyone, 

I am currently trying to find a work around this issue that I just started having.

In other applications I would use the 

Set(
    _User Details,
    First(
          Filter(
          data source,
                 condition
                )
          )
   )

To get the record from a SQL based on a user PIN input.

However that recently started giving me some issues and it will not retrieve all of the values from the record.

I've also tried a Clear Collect() but it only gives me the values from the conditions. 

collection.PNG

Global Variable.PNG

PowerApps Release : 3.20014.23

however in my other app I user the Set() and I tried it and it shows all of the data from the record:

Global Variable Previous Version.PNG

The current PowerApps Release for the other app is 3.20014.23

but I initially started this app on 3.18105.18

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having the issue but the Application with the issue is in a different environment from the application that works.

I will export and Import the application from one environment to another.

Any help is appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GarethPrisk
Level 8

Re: Set() Variable not working (Record)

I believe this has to do with how the app is optimized to only retrieve data it is using. The advanced setting "Explicit Column Selection" is likely enabled.

In your other app, there's a good likelihood that you're using some of the attributes, and therefore the record is being retrieved with all (or defined) data. I have seen this at times with my apps. I recommend adding the attributes you expect to use into Gallery labels, or other places in the app, then do a Save, Close, and reopen the Studio. See if that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
EricLott
Level 10

I'm not having any issues with Set() on a SQL data source using the same formula you provided. Could you share more about your SQL table or anything else that may help?

Highlighted
GarethPrisk
Level 8

I believe this has to do with how the app is optimized to only retrieve data it is using. The advanced setting "Explicit Column Selection" is likely enabled.

In your other app, there's a good likelihood that you're using some of the attributes, and therefore the record is being retrieved with all (or defined) data. I have seen this at times with my apps. I recommend adding the attributes you expect to use into Gallery labels, or other places in the app, then do a Save, Close, and reopen the Studio. See if that helps.

View solution in original post

AYCHL
Level: Powered On

Great! that actually helped!

I completely forgot about the Explicit Column!

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,973)