cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Frequent Visitor

Set() Variable not working (Record)

 Hello to everyone, 

I am currently trying to find a work around this issue that I just started having.

In other applications I would use the 

 

Set(
    _User Details,
    First(
          Filter(
          data source,
                 condition
                )
          )
   )

 

 

To get the record from a SQL based on a user PIN input.

However that recently started giving me some issues and it will not retrieve all of the values from the record.

I've also tried a Clear Collect() but it only gives me the values from the conditions. 

collection.PNG

 

Global Variable.PNG

 

PowerApps Release : 3.20014.23

however in my other app I user the Set() and I tried it and it shows all of the data from the record:

 

Global Variable Previous Version.PNG

 

The current PowerApps Release for the other app is 3.20014.23

but I initially started this app on 3.18105.18

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having the issue but the Application with the issue is in a different environment from the application that works.

I will export and Import the application from one environment to another.

Any help is appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

I believe this has to do with how the app is optimized to only retrieve data it is using. The advanced setting "Explicit Column Selection" is likely enabled.

In your other app, there's a good likelihood that you're using some of the attributes, and therefore the record is being retrieved with all (or defined) data. I have seen this at times with my apps. I recommend adding the attributes you expect to use into Gallery labels, or other places in the app, then do a Save, Close, and reopen the Studio. See if that helps.

 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I'm not having any issues with Set() on a SQL data source using the same formula you provided. Could you share more about your SQL table or anything else that may help?

Super User II
Super User II

I believe this has to do with how the app is optimized to only retrieve data it is using. The advanced setting "Explicit Column Selection" is likely enabled.

In your other app, there's a good likelihood that you're using some of the attributes, and therefore the record is being retrieved with all (or defined) data. I have seen this at times with my apps. I recommend adding the attributes you expect to use into Gallery labels, or other places in the app, then do a Save, Close, and reopen the Studio. See if that helps.

 

View solution in original post

Great! that actually helped!

I completely forgot about the Explicit Column!

Thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,709)