cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Set default camera for barcode scanning

Hi,

I'm creating a checkin app that has a barcode scanner in it. I'm using the barcode scanner button offered by Powerapps under the media menu. The problem is that I want to open and scan by default with my front camera, insted when I push that button it opens automatically the back camera. My question is: is there a way to open the frontcamera by default?

Thanks in advance, hope this question will be helpful for someone in the future.

2 REPLIES 2
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello @Mh2 ,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to currently set the front camera as the default or preferred camera but I would suggest that you submit it as an Idea :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Frequent Visitor

This capability is in PowerApps.  When you add the scan function button, there is a boolean property for PreferFrontCamera.  Setting this to true will default to scanning from the front camera of the device.  There is also a button within the scan screen that allows swapping between the front and rear camera.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (31,896)