cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Set default selection for drop-down in Edit Form?

Context:

I have a dropdown control being populated from my 'Customers' SharePoint list

• CMB:SelectCustomer (name of the object)
  • Drop Down - is the Object type
  • Items: SortByColumns(Customers,"Title")
  • Value is 'Title' (the customer name)

I click an 'Add' icon to add a new Success Engagement for the selected customer and I'm taken to the Add Engagement screen.

On the Add Engagement screen I have a EditForm that allows me to add an associated record in my 'Success Engagement' SharePoint list which has a field called 'Customer' which is a lookup value against my Customer SharePoint Listing.

I have two fields on an Edit Form:

SuccessEngagementDataCard:

• A text field allowing entry of the Engagement name

CustomerDataCard:

• Default: 'CMB:SelectCustomer' <- I'm setting the default to the selected customer in the dropdown

The form appears correctly but when I click on my 'Save' icon - SubmitForm(AddSuccessEngagementDetails)

I get the following error

PowerAppError03-DefaultDropdown.png

I can use the dropdown and select the customer correclty and it will save correctly.  So it appears that I'm not setting the default correctly on the dropdown, although it appears correctly when I view the form.

What is the correct way I should be defaulting the Customer?  Clearly I'm not doing it right and can't seem to find an example for this scenario in the documentation.

Thanks!

Tom.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,660)