cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modernoddity
Helper III
Helper III

Set drop down default to the selected value from radio button

Is there a way to set the default value of a drop down menu to the selected value of a radio button? 

I tried RadioButton1.Selected.Value but it gives me the "expecting table" error. 
I tried RadioButton1.SelectedText.... same result. 

9 REPLIES 9
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Check these screenshots (I set the default property of the dropdown to Radio1.Selected.Value)Radio1.PNGRadio2.PNGRadio3.PNG

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

I tried that but keep getting an error. Not sure if it matters but the drop down is inside an edit form. 

Makes sense. The only other question I have is how are you populating the dropdown (items property) and the radio button(items property)? That should help me give you a final answer. 

Hi @modernoddity ,

What is the data source of this edit form control? And is this dropdown control a choice column for SharePoint list? If so, please use below formula in the DefaultSelectedItems property of the dropdown control instead:

{
        Value: NU_Computer.Selected.Value,
        '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference"}

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-monli-msft 

I added that to the Default section (DefaultSelectedItems is not an option for this drop down) and I'm no longer getting an error but it's also not changing when the radio button selection changes. 

The drop down is inside an edit form and the data source is a Sharepoint list. 

@PowerAddict 

The items property of the drop down is a sharepoint choice column. The drop down itself is inside an edit form. 

The same sharepoint choice column populates the radio button selection options. 

Hi @modernoddity ,

Is this dropdown control a choice column for SharePoint list? What is Items property for this dropdown control?

Regards,

Mona

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-monli-msft 

Yes, the drop down is a choice column in Sharepoint list. 

The drop down is in an edit form and the items property is: Choices('Config Sheet'.Computer)

The radio button items property is also: Choices('Config Sheet'.Computer)

Hi @modernoddity ,

Then please set the Default property of this Radio control to:

ThisItem.Computer.Value

Regards,

Mona 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,720)