Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nileshvk
Helper I
Helper I

Set property of component on screen

Hello,

I have built a component with the help of PowerApps Horizontal Progress Bar - YouTube

I am trying to set "ActiveStep" property using "OnSelect" function of a Icon as shown in picture below but its not working as expected. Can someone assist me with this pls?

nileshvk_0-1642698679779.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nileshvk 

My question was more about what property on the component is it that you are trying to change?

You cannot set a property of any control in PowerApps.  Your properties all have to derive their value from some place.

So if you have a ActiveStep property on the Component, then you need to set a variable and have the Component ActiveStep property derive from it.

So - Set(varActiveStep, 2)

And then your ActiveStep property on the component would be: varActiveStep

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nileshvk 

What is the property on the component and what is the formula on it?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hello @RandyHayes ,

Items property of the component is:

Table({Id: 1, Label: "Asset", Visible: true},{Id: 2, Label: "Asset BreakDown1", Visible: true},
{Id: 3, Label: "Asset BreakDown2", Visible: true},{Id: 4, Label: "Asset Role", Visible: true},{Id: 5, Label: "Asset Budget", Visible: true})

I am using this component on screen to divide large input form.  I am trying to play another property "ActiveStep" of the component to change the input form. e.g. in screen shot provided earlier I want to move to a next screen i.e. "Asset Breakdown1" and so on.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@nileshvk 

My question was more about what property on the component is it that you are trying to change?

You cannot set a property of any control in PowerApps.  Your properties all have to derive their value from some place.

So if you have a ActiveStep property on the Component, then you need to set a variable and have the Component ActiveStep property derive from it.

So - Set(varActiveStep, 2)

And then your ActiveStep property on the component would be: varActiveStep

@RandyHayes , Got it. Thank you for assistance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,583)