Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishbicki
Helper II
Helper II

Set propperty of PenInput in "OnVisible" of screen

Hello,

I want to set in the OnVisible propperty of screen an update for the Reset propperty of PenInput to "true".

Im doing this because setting only Reset(PenInput1) in the OnVisible/OnHidden - does not clear the pen input when the screen is shown. It only happens once it's propperty gets changed.

How can this be done ?

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Try

Onvisible of the screen:

Set(ResetPen, true)

Then put ResetPen at the reset 

If you want to reverse the reset insert a button and put Set(ResetPen, false)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

My whole theory just collapsed...

It does not work, when I set it that way - when the screen is shown, when You return to it, it does not clear the PenInput.

I am also having this issue can no longer reset the pen input using any of the previous methods.

Has something changed recently with this control?

The only workaround for now Is:

- Set a timer for 1ms that does Reset(PenInput1) when finished, and make it invisible.

JHL
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi fellow PA-users,

please send us help on this matter.
I face the same problem of the PenInput-field not resetting itself.

My scenario is the following.

I have three screens:

1. Welcome Screen

2. Registration Screen

3. Thank you Screen

The user enters on the Welcome Screen and moves to the Registration Screen.
 There he is required to type in his credentials and also leave his signature that i want to collect by using the pen input. The registration is then submitted and the User is taken to the thank you screen, that is shown for 4 seconds and then navigates back to the Welcome Screen to start over.

And now the problem occurs: The pen input stills shows the signature of the first user. 

To reset the users inputs I use OnSelect of my Submit-button: Reset(Textinput1). I also tried other solved versions with UpdateContext. 

Any suggestions are highly welcome.

Thank you and best regards

JHL

Hi,

As I've mentioned before this works very good:

- Set a timer for 1ms (on screen with pen input) that does Reset(PenInput1) when finished, and make that timer invisible.

it's simple and works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (72,598)