cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hotkomar

Set selected value (SharePiont list lookup type) in AddForm

Hello,

I'm a beginner. Last Friday I started creating my first powerApp.

It is easy inventory, that contain two Sharepoint list (Item inventory and activity logs). I started with default template from tutorial (BrowseScreen,EditScreen and DetailScreen).
On DetailScreen I display item detail from item inventory (Default settings) and below this detail I display gallery, that contains this item's activity logs. On Header this gallery I have icon for adding new activity log, that redirect to LogEditScreen. LogEditScreen contain Header and Edit form.

Here is begin of my problem. I would like to automaticly set item name instead of default generated dropdown menu, that allows selection of all saved item names. I searched everywhere and tried everything, but I can't resolve it.

My Idea is, that I transmit item name from DetailScreen to LogEditScreen (Ideally as hidden label) and user fills rest of form. So I make sure the item is selected correctly and user can't add activity log for other item.

Sharepoint Lists definition
item inventory: item name (string),Handed over from (date),Borrower(String),...
activity logs: activity name (string), note (string), item name (lookup item name from item inventory)

I will be extremely grateful for any advice or reference to a tutorial that would help me.

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Hotkomar 

1. Set the OnSelect property of gallery in BrowseScreen

Set(VarItemName, ThisItem.'item name') 

2. The Item name field in activity logs is a combo box in default, set the DefaultSelectedItems property:

LookUp(Choices('activity logs'.'item name'), Value=VarItemName)

3. Then the combo box will automatically select that item name, if you don't want user change it, just set the combo box mode to View, it will show as a label.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,075)