cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kumar9024021 Helper V
Helper V

Set the position of the button, fixed in the Form - If form scrolled down, button moves up

I have a powerapps form, where I have add button outside datacard in ViewForm, so that its clickable.

If I add button inside the datacard, it always becomes non-clickable in ViewForm. How to set the fixed position of that button ?

If i scroll down the form, the button goes up. I want to set the fixed position of the button. I adjusted X & Y for the button, but never gets fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Set the position of the button, fixed in the Form - If form scrolled down, button moves up

Hi @Kumar9024021 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want the Button outside the View Form to be fixed to the View Form rather than the View Screen?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I assume that you want the Button outside the View form to be fixed to the View Form rather than the View Screen, is it true?

I have made a test on my side, if you want the Button outside the View form to be fixed to the View Form rather than the View Screen, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Actually, the X or Y property value of the Data cards in your Edit form would not be changed when you scroll down the View form, so you could not change the X, Y property value of the Clickable Button dynamically based on the X, Y property of any data card in your View form.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider add a "Custom data card" within your View Form, then add your Clickable button within this Custom data card, then you could execute the formula when you press the button.

1.JPG

After that, you could also re-order the custom data card in your View Form to a proper position.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Set the position of the button, fixed in the Form - If form scrolled down, button moves up

Hi @Kumar9024021 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want the Button outside the View Form to be fixed to the View Form rather than the View Screen?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I assume that you want the Button outside the View form to be fixed to the View Form rather than the View Screen, is it true?

I have made a test on my side, if you want the Button outside the View form to be fixed to the View Form rather than the View Screen, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Actually, the X or Y property value of the Data cards in your Edit form would not be changed when you scroll down the View form, so you could not change the X, Y property value of the Clickable Button dynamically based on the X, Y property of any data card in your View form.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider add a "Custom data card" within your View Form, then add your Clickable button within this Custom data card, then you could execute the formula when you press the button.

1.JPG

After that, you could also re-order the custom data card in your View Form to a proper position.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Kumar9024021 Helper V
Helper V

Thanks @v-xida-msft for the response . What should be the default mode of the form set to, for the button to be clickable.

I have set the default mode of the form to View. Hence its not clickable.

Should I set the default mode of form to Edit and change the display mode of all the fields to View ?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kumar9024021 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with my solution. Please consider add a Display form within your app to view the details rather than use Edit form.

In addition, please make sure you have added a "Custom Data card" within your View form as above screenshot, then add a button within this custom data card, then type the formula within the OnSelect property of this button.

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved. In addition, please check if you have typed proper formula within the OnSelect property of the clickable button.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,385)