cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MES
Frequent Visitor

Set value in dropdown

Hi everyone,

I want to set a value in a dropdown chart which is part of a edit form.
The value should be fixed and the users should not be able to change it.

The form is connected to a sharepoint list. The mentioned dropdown reffers to a lookup column in the shareloint list.

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@MES 

For your requirements, you can do this:

• Set Default property of dropdown control to fixed value as per your requirements.
  • Set DisplayMode property of dropdown control to DisplayMode.View

For more information, refer: Drop down control in Power Apps 

Additional reference: How to set a pre-populated default value of a Dropdown in EditScreen 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

View solution in original post

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@MES,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to set the default value of a drop down control?

Could you please share a bit more about the drop down control, is it a Combo Box or a simple Dropdown?

Please share you formula and the error message.

1).If you generate this app directly based on the SP list, I think the drop down control is a Combo Box.

If you want the value to be fixed, you should set the DefaultSelectedItems property.

["Value"] // For a specific value you want.

If you want to lookup a specific value based on other field, please check as below:

LookUp(SPList,ID=1,LookupColumnName)

2). If you have a Dropdown, please set the Default property as below:

"Value"

If the above could not solve your problem, please do post your formula and error message.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

4 REPLIES 4
ganeshsanap
Super User
Super User

@MES 

For your requirements, you can do this:

• Set Default property of dropdown control to fixed value as per your requirements.
  • Set DisplayMode property of dropdown control to DisplayMode.View

For more information, refer: Drop down control in Power Apps 

Additional reference: How to set a pre-populated default value of a Dropdown in EditScreen 

Please click Accept as solution & ‌‌👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it ‌‌👍

MES
Frequent Visitor

I tried allready the solution that you have linked. But the "=" is shown as invalid argument.

Is it possible to use another syntax?

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@MES,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to set the default value of a drop down control?

Could you please share a bit more about the drop down control, is it a Combo Box or a simple Dropdown?

Please share you formula and the error message.

1).If you generate this app directly based on the SP list, I think the drop down control is a Combo Box.

If you want the value to be fixed, you should set the DefaultSelectedItems property.

["Value"] // For a specific value you want.

If you want to lookup a specific value based on other field, please check as below:

LookUp(SPList,ID=1,LookupColumnName)

2). If you have a Dropdown, please set the Default property as below:

"Value"

If the above could not solve your problem, please do post your formula and error message.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

MES
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

Yes it is a ComboBox (I thought it is a Dropbox) and I tried it before as you stated in 2). 

With 1) it works fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,983)