cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SetFocus(textInput) not triggering the keyboard on iOS

@emmac 

I created an app for recording shrink in my company with a physical handheld barcode scanner. For it to be completed, I need the SetFocus() formula to toggle the keyboard when the user saves the data for each item, that way the scanning process is continuous. 

Here the user already scanned the item:

Annotation 2019-10-17 .png

Ideally, when they press one of the three reasons ( which are Buttons), sets focus on the UPC text field and triggers the keyboard, but nothing happens:

Annotation 2019-10-17 mm .png

This device I'm using is iOS. Can this be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'd like to clarify that this doesn't happen on Android, just iOS.

Highlighted

in the Onvisible event of your screen place SetFocus (NameOfTheControl)

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did that, and doesn't work. I also put the function on those buttons on the center of the screen, so when the user selects them it will trigger the keyboard. But is not working on iOS.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ehg ,

On Apple iOS, the soft keyboard will only be displayed automatically if SetFocus was initiated by a direct user action. For example, invoking from a button's OnSelect property will display the soft keyboard while invoking from a screen's OnVisible will not. Did you make sure that you are using the function in OnSelect property?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

@v-monli-msft  hi,  Mona. Yes I have the SetFocus() in OnSelect property of three buttons, those that you can see in the center of the screen. But it won't trigger the keyboard.

See on this image, it shows the formulas I have in OnSelect property. The very last one is the SetFocus:2019-10-18 (2).png

Highlighted

Hi @ehg ,

Is it iOS 12 or later platform? This is minimum required.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,280)