cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NielsHakkers
Frequent Visitor

SetFocus to TextBox in Power Apps for Teams

Hi team,

I think that I discovered a bug in the Power Apps for Teams port.

In Power Apps for Teams you have a "Text box" input that behaves like you would expect. However, this input control has a different name in the Power Apps web experience. On the web, a text input control is call "Text Input".

This change causes issues when you try to use the SetFocus function, as "Text box" is technically not part of the available controls for SetFocus.

Continueing on this difference in Power Apps for Teams, I think it is unwise to have different naming for the same control on different platforms, as it can cause confusion by trying to follow the documentation on MS Docs, or any other tutorial that mentions the TextInput control (which cannot be found in Power Apps for Teams...).

2 REPLIES 2
NielsHakkers
Frequent Visitor

Bump?

Cam
Advocate V
Advocate V

I have a feeling SetFocus() might not be working at all in Dataverse for Teams, with any of the Fluent Controls.

I've tried labels/text, both inside of scrolling screens, inside forms, and just on the screen;

I cannot get the SetFocus() function to work with any of them 😞

Works fine in ordinary Canvas Power Apps, just not in Power Apps for Teams.

"Continuing on this difference in Power Apps for Teams, I think it is unwise to have different naming for the same control on different platforms"

Don't stress too much about this, Microsoft is in the process of converging the Canvas Power App Maker / Model-Driven App Maker (and presumably the Teams Apps Maker), into a single App Maker experience.

i assume the intention, is that we will be using Fluent controls in the future.

There wont be a difference in the future.

============================================================

so what work around can you do now?

- create a Canvas App

- insert a Text Control

- copy that Text Control

- create a Power Apps for Teams App

- paste the Text Control from the Canvas App into the Power Apps for Teams App

see picture

so cool that you can do this 😄

serious warning time.. not sure if this is a good idea to do this.. probably-definitely not supported, and may break in future

works, but not sure if a good ideaworks, but not sure if a good idea

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,368)