cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Setting Default of Combo box avoiding Scope Error

Hi - I am having an issue setting the default value of my combo box. The error I continue to get is that my formula uses scope. 

Here is the structure of my app:

- Data stored in a Sharepoint list as a text value

- Combo box selection values are manually created list of "items" 

Any insights or tips here?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Setting Default of Combo box avoiding Scope Error

Hi @tlevine ,

There are two mistakes.

1. you need to configure the DefaultSelectedItems instead of Default property if you want to set the default value of combobox.

2. the default value of combo box should be a record, instead of a text value. I just found the your combobox items property is manually created. If you didn't define any column names, the DefaultSelectedItems should be: {Value:ThisItem.'Supply Response'}

Snipaste_2020-05-25_10-59-40.png

In addition, ' my formula uses scope.' is not a error message, it just a statement since ThisItem represents the current row record in the gallery, it is not a constant, so it doesn't support for evaluation and preview.

The real error message is shown above the code above the red wave line, when the mouse hover over it.

Snipaste_2020-05-25_11-05-06.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Is the combobox inside a Gallery?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Yes, it is inside the gallery 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Please clear that formula. ThisItem should rather be in the labels inside the Gallery.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

HI - can you help to clarify please? I am putting thisitem.'Supply Response' as the Default for my combo box and that is where the error occurs. 

Where should I put this?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I suggested that remove thisitem.'Supply Response'. The Default should be one of the choice items. Can you show the combobox Items?. When you click on the combobox what choices do you have, put one there.

------------

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tlevine ,

There are two mistakes.

1. you need to configure the DefaultSelectedItems instead of Default property if you want to set the default value of combobox.

2. the default value of combo box should be a record, instead of a text value. I just found the your combobox items property is manually created. If you didn't define any column names, the DefaultSelectedItems should be: {Value:ThisItem.'Supply Response'}

Snipaste_2020-05-25_10-59-40.png

In addition, ' my formula uses scope.' is not a error message, it just a statement since ThisItem represents the current row record in the gallery, it is not a constant, so it doesn't support for evaluation and preview.

The real error message is shown above the code above the red wave line, when the mouse hover over it.

Snipaste_2020-05-25_11-05-06.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

hi - thanks for the help so far @v-siky-msft @eka24 

I have marked the solution to this thread 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,774)