cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Setting Dropdown options background color

Hey guys 

We have a dropdown control that holds a number of options. To distinguish the different options we wanted to set the background color of each option within a dropdown control. From my limited understanding of PowerApps it appears that one can't do this... is this correct?

THanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Setting Dropdown options background color

@key-dev 

You assume correctly!

As mentioned, you could do that also with a Gallery control.

I attached an App to this post that you can download then open in your designer to see.  

It shows the coloring of a DropDown control and, what I call, a "franken-control".  It's a combination of a ComboBox and a Gallery that "simulates" a DropDown control and gives all the great Gallery options.

Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@key-dev 

No, the fill is for all items, not individual ones.

You could do this with a Gallery, but it would involve some screen redesign as a Gallery will not expand and close like a dropdown control.

Hope that answers what you need.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

thanks Randy ---- i'm assuming that adding icons to dropdown options is also not doable ?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@key-dev 

You assume correctly!

As mentioned, you could do that also with a Gallery control.

I attached an App to this post that you can download then open in your designer to see.  

It shows the coloring of a DropDown control and, what I call, a "franken-control".  It's a combination of a ComboBox and a Gallery that "simulates" a DropDown control and gives all the great Gallery options.

Enjoy!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@RandyHayes  thank you appreciate the sample and info 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@RandyHayes  , How can I open your provided app and use it in my solution ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,518)