cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jthard

Setting Person/Group field in SharePoint to empty using PowerApps SharePoint list form

Hi Everyone,

I have created New/Edit/and Show forms for a SharePoint list which includes a person/group field. 

On the form, for the person field I have added a filter to the combo box to remove certain users without an email address - something like this:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: .......(blah)

The new item form works fine.

The update method of the data card containing the combo box has something like this...

{
        DisplayName: ComboBox1.Selected.DisplayName,
        Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & ComboBox1.Selected.Mail
}

This also works fine. The issue occurs when a user selects the 'x' in the combo box to clear the field so that when they save they are setting the field back to be empty. I have tried many combinations of blank(), creating blank person records, even the Enable : Formula Level Error Management app setting, and nothing will make the field set back be empty.

I have read that this isn't actually possible. Is this true?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jthard ,

If you use the default combo box control inside the edit form, then deleting the existing person and update with empty value works just fine. But if you modified the combo box and it seems to result like this. 

Check if below thread could help:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Clearing-out-people-picker-field/td-p/200069

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jthard ,

If you use the default combo box control inside the edit form, then deleting the existing person and update with empty value works just fine. But if you modified the combo box and it seems to result like this. 

Check if below thread could help:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Clearing-out-people-picker-field/td-p/200069

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,033)