cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bavaughan
Regular Visitor

Setting a datacard value from another datacard, as you type

I am trying to recreate the functionality observed when going through the "New SharePoint site" wizard.  

There are fields for Site Title, and URL.  As a user types in a desired title, the URL field is populated and updated to reflect every character typed into the title field, except that white spaces are stripped out.  

I am working with the fields SiteTitle, and DesiredURL

As user types in their sites title, I would like the DesiredURL field to auto-populate with a suggested URL, based on title, but with all whitespace removed.

How would I go about recreating this?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@bavaughan
You could use this code to join the URL path and remove the white space. Replace your_url_path with the appropriate text string. Put this code in the Default property of the DataCardValueURL. your_url_path should be something like "https://something.sharepoint.com/somepath/

your_url_path&Substitute(DataCardValue_Title.Text,” “,””)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bavaughan ,

Could you please share a sample url about the DesiredURL that you mentioned?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the the Concatenate function could achive your needs. I assume that the SiteTitle you typed is PowerApps, and the DesiredURL you want to generate is 'https://domainName.sharepoint.com/sites/PowerApps'.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Deault property of the DesiredURL Text Box to following:

Concatenate("https://domainName.sharepoint.com/sites/", Substitute(SiteTitleTextBox.Text, " ", ""))

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,018)