Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallenap
Advocate II
Advocate II

Setting a variable from ModelDriveFormIntegration during OnVisible

Hi,

I'm building an embedded canvas app that performs several lookups when certain screens load.  To avoid typing [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.EntityId every time I need to do a filter or lookup, I am attempting to set a variable Set(varEntityId, [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.EntityId) as the first line in the OnVisible method.  However, the varEntityId is always empty.  Therefore, the only way my LookUps work is if I always type out the entire text: [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration].Item.EntityId

Is this by design or am I missing something?  Seems weird that you wouldn't be able to set a variable with the Id passed in via  ModelDrivenFormIntegration.

Thanks for the help,

dan

1 REPLY 1
Passerby

I was into the similar situation with your's and there's a clue found by my colleague hope can help you to fix this problem by yourself,which The screen OnVisible property had been triggered before [@ModelDrivenFormIntegration] be read.

So in the case of embedded canvas app,Setting a variable during OnVisible from ModelDriveFormIntegration,value of varEntityId might be always empty if you don't load this screen again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,917)