cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NitroxJunky
Level: Powered On

Setting filtered data source from one form to another form

I have a PowerApp that has a gallery showing a list of users. That has a navigation event to then navigate to a form that displays detail data for the selected user. I then want to drill in further to another form which displays which systems the users have access to. I have created the form that has the underlying data source (and displays all the system data) but I can’t figure out how to display only records for the selected user. I have tried using a filter in the navigation code but I can’t seem to get that working either.

In short, setting the filtered data source from a gallery to a form is no problem. I just can’t seem to set it from one form to another. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Setting filtered data source from one form to another form

Hi NitroxJunky,

I’m not sure about your data source. Say you have two SharePoint lists, one UsersList which contains detailed information for each user, another SystemList displays which system the user have access to.

So I create two SharePoint lists as I assumed as data source. There is a Person and Group column type in each list.

Here are my stes:

1)create an app based on the Users list.
>On Gallery screen, show all the users.
>On DisplayForm screen, show the detailed information for each user. Then add a Button, set its OnSelect property as Navigate(Screen1,ScreenTransition.Fade).

2)Then add SystemList as data source, add a new Gallery on a new screen, set gallery’s Items property as Filter(SystemList,Name.DisplayName=BrowseGallery1.Selected.Name.DisplayName).Title
PS: Instead of using Form to display the systems the users have access to, I am using a Gallery control.

3)Then when the user is selected on BrowseGallery1, the related system will be shown on my new Gallery.

If I misunderstand you, please feel free post back with more information about your data source. Hope my steps could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,023)