Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshieboy
Helper IV
Helper IV

Setting up a Work Queue in Power Apps

Hello,

I built an application in PowerApps whereby form submissions are assigned to respective users by the person/group field.  Is there a way to create a screen whereby users whom items have been assigned to can access their work queue.  So a "My work queue" button that takes them to a screen similar to the BrowseGallery screen, whereby they can only see items assigned to them.  If anyone clicks on that button and items are not assigned to them the screen should remain blank.  Any assistance appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI @joshieboy ,

Apart from the fact that User().FullName is not Delegable, you also need to refer to the field element

At App OnStart, do this

Set(varUser,User())

then

Filter(
   'Initial Incident Notification',
   FirstLevelReviewer.DisplayName=varUser.FullName
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @joshieboy ,

Why not simply filter the gallery to only show items assigned to them. What is your gallery filter code?

Hi Warren,

I'm not sure I understand.  I created a new screen and added a gallery to it.  The name of the List in SharePoint that I am connecting to is "Initial Incident Notification", and the name of the person picker field is "First Level Reviewer".  I would like when a name is placed in that field and the form submitted, that a user selecting "My Work Queue", once their name is in that field, items will show for them to action.  Further to this, once they action and change the status of an item to "Implementation Verified" or "Investigation Complete" and they go back to their work queue, any items with those statuses should fall off the work queue, and only the outstanding ones remain.  

I tried this initially on the Gallery default property to at least get the name but got an error:  Filter('Initial Incident Notification',FirstLevelReviewer=User().FullName)

Any guidance appreciated.

HI @joshieboy ,

Apart from the fact that User().FullName is not Delegable, you also need to refer to the field element

At App OnStart, do this

Set(varUser,User())

then

Filter(
   'Initial Incident Notification',
   FirstLevelReviewer.DisplayName=varUser.FullName
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Perfect.  Thank you Warren.  Greatly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,830)