cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Setting who receives access request emails and can grant access

Hello PowerApp People,

I built an app for a coworker who has been using it successfully. I have made him co-owner. He has been trying to share it with his team. He sent them the link to the app and when they try to access it they have to click a "Request Access" button. No problem there. The issue is that when they request access it sends me and only me a request email. This allows me to grant access, but I need to share that functionality with my co-owners.

Is there a way I can set up the app so that the co-owners, or a specific co-owner receives these request emails and can grant access?

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Sound like he shared the Development pointer not the player or View pointer.

I actually have all my PowerApps setup in teams this way they can access the program if they have proper credentials.

This saves a lot of process work and when changes are made they are made at the user level, and the final thing is that all my users think it is part of teams. 🙂

Unfortunatly adding this to teams did not prove fruitful. In order to view it on teams you still have to request access

Ok,

PLease make sure you are not getting access request form SharePoint, because SharePoint and PowerApps are two different assignment areas

Regular Visitor

This is actually a really big issue - especially when rolling out an app for a larger application that needs to have special permissions and you're not given all possible users ahead of time. We always end up having delegates who request access. 

My workaround for this (haven't tried it yet) is to set up a rule in Outlook that will forward access request emails to the co-owner. 

Hello All,

Has there been any solution to this? It is very difficult to control the app to a particular group(sometime it is large).

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,827)