cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several data source

Hi there, 

I am generating one excel at day everyday(the file contains the same column names always) how can I set my datasource from a specific root address (one drive) that contains all these excels but eveyday there will be a new one so my app gets updated too.

- I'm testing the app.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Tom_Slosse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @Anonymous

Just add your OneDrive as a connection in the app and then refresh your connection when a new Excel has been generated and added to your OneDrive.

I guess that should do the trick. Or am I understanding your problem wrong?

If you could give me some more context I could try and do it myself to test it out.

I hope this helps

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To go into details, 

Porwerapps allows me to conect to one single file at a time. Since my root (one drive) contains many files then I need that powerapp takes these excel files as datasource.

How can I make this process automatically?, I mean if I upload one file then to get it merged to the others as datasource.

*File name is the date of creation (365 files per year). All file sizes can reach up to 400 mb at year.

Regards,

Hey @Anonymous

I think your problem lays with Excel not particularly with PowerApps.

So what I think is that you will need is that all generated data from each day comes into one Excel file and not in a seperate file for each day, so that you can add that one particular Excel file as datasource. I'm not an Excel expert but I guess that this should be possible, otherwise I have no clue anymore sorry 

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt response, 

I thought so previosly, nevertheless eveytime I attemp to upload one file bigger than 2 mb. PWapp shows the following error

qvR1vpZ[1].jpg

Regards,

Hey @Anonymous

Well then I guess you should upload an idea into the Idea section of PowerApps to make the file size bigger.

I guess I have no other solution for this problem sorry, unless someone else knows the answer and I'm just stupid hahaha.

Wish I could help you out on this one.

Kind regards

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,903)