cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esemuhdeoh
Frequent Visitor

Several forms from several lists in one PowerApp - not saving correctly

Hello,

we have a SharePoint list "new employee" that has A LOT of columns and therefore the standard SharePoint form is very long. 

When a new employee will join the company different departments have todos.

I want to show all information to a new employee in ONE form, but I want to split it into different tabs. The fields on every tabs represent an own list.

I splitted the data into different SharePoint lists:

•  main list "new employee" plus following "co"-lists
    • list "technical information" (accounts that have to be created, setting permissions, etc)
    • list "telecommunication" (telephone, fax (YES WE STILL NEED THAT), mobile, etc)
    • etc.

I managed to show on every tab the correct form from the list mentioned above. These lists are "connected" to the main employee in the main form. Every form of the "co-lists" is arranged as followed

DataSource = [SharePoint list that hosts the data (like technical information)]
Item = If(MainForm.Mode=FormMode.New, Defaults('technical information'), First(Filter('technical information', Title=DataCardValue4.Text)))

To save all forms at once I did the following for the main form (since we are only working in this form):

SubmitForm(FormTechnicalInformation); SubmitForm(FormEtc1);  SubmitForm(FormEtc2); 
ResetForm(FormTechnicalInformation); ResetForm(FormEtc1); ResetForm(FormEtc2); 
ResetForm (MainForm);
RequestHide()

I will save, but not all information. The main form will be saved an FormEtc2, but for FormEtc1 it seems that it only saves values that are not correct. 

What am I missing?

I know that it would also be possible with a collection and loading the information from the other lists and then patch it back but I thought that this way would be easier. 

2 REPLIES 2
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Use the same if statement in your submit forms.

Therefor you are only submitting the form you did work on.

If you are trying to submit changes based on all three that I would have the submit button visible base on changes to that form only.  You must submit before proceeding (this could be on your tabs)

Hi @leyburn19 ,

thank you for your response. I will add a "onchange"-information for the user. 

And it does work now. I put all "submitForms" to the "onsave"-Property of "SharePointIntegration" and now it works.

And I also have changed the default value for the field that will connect all forms. In my case that is the email of the user which is always unique. I had set it to a special value and changed it to parent.default. 

For further use I will also set an If-statement there.

Best regards

esemuhdeoh

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (60,688)