cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emolo
Frequent Visitor

Share Canvas PowerApps with users without sharing the sharepoint list

Hello everyone, I have created a Canvas PowerApp for my company to manage working hours for tasks. It works very well and I was able to integrate it very well with Planner. Tasks are written on a sharepoint list. I would not want this sharepoint list to be read by users using the power app. is it possible to do that? Restrict access to the sharepoint site to users who use the powerapp. Thank you and see you soon . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your support and also for this I left a kudos for everyone. I decided to abandon the sharepoint lists for a common data service entity because it is more flexible in managing permissions. Thank you all for the advice. Good job

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Check this post on same issue .
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Allow-PowerApp-users-to-submit-data-to-share...

If you like this post give thumps up. If it answer your question mark as a solution
Emolo
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for your answer. You've earned a thumbs-up. But I wonder: is there any way with power apps to use a different database (not necessarily sharepoint list) so that only the app can be accessed? Thanks

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

There are many connectors including Sql, MySQL, excel ...
https://www.carlosag.net/PowerApps/Connectors/

Look at the common data service! 🙂

Hello, I created a Common Data with an administrator account, from another account I try to access the app and enter the data but I have the error of missing permissions. How could I authorize the app instead of the user?

Just like Sharepoint, excel, etc. you have to provide the user access to the datasource as well as the app. 

You can do this by going to admin.powerapps.com > Environments > select your environment > security tab > click 'Assign Security Roles'. This will take you to a list of users where you can assign a role to the user

Hi everyone, thank you so much for your support and also for this I left a kudos for everyone. I decided to abandon the sharepoint lists for a common data service entity because it is more flexible in managing permissions. Thank you all for the advice. Good job

View solution in original post

YAY! that's great news Emolo! welcome to a new world of awesome!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,982)