cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jroyce
Level: Power Up

Share PowerApp with SharePoint Group

I spent a significant amount of time creating a PowerApp for my team to utilize.  Who is my "team"?  THE MEMBERS OF A SHAREPOINT GROUP.

It's ludacris that you cannot share an app to the members of a group.

What a waste.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Share PowerApp with SharePoint Group

Hi @jroyce ,

Actually, the SP Group is a Office 365 Group. Currently, within PowerApps, we could only share an app to individual users or security groups in Azure Active Directory.

If you want to share an app to a SP Group (Office 365 Group), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider create a Security Group within your Azure Active Directory, then add your end users into this Security group, then you could share your canvas app to this Security Group.

More details about sharing an app within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jroyce ,

Actually, the SP Group is a Office 365 Group. Currently, within PowerApps, we could only share an app to individual users or security groups in Azure Active Directory.

If you want to share an app to a SP Group (Office 365 Group), I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider create a Security Group within your Azure Active Directory, then add your end users into this Security group, then you could share your canvas app to this Security Group.

More details about sharing an app within PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

dgpadia
Level: Powered On

You're telling me they go through all the trouble of rolling out Teams so it connects to Office365 groups, rolling out PowerApps for Teams so that apps can be viewed right there in Teams (whether desktop, web, or mobile), have it all connect to information in a SharePoint (information OWNED by an O365 group, I might add), guiding us to using SharePoint and Office365 more, but I cannot even share access to an Office365 group? What numbskull is running this show?

And while your "alternative solution" works, you have to realize how ridiculous this is. We create O365 groups where all the data, the messages, the SharePoint access, ALL that jazz is managed under one group, including integration with PowerApps, except you have to create a Security Group that mirrors your O365 group. That's nice, except there's no way at all for you to tell the Security Group to mirror the O365 group, because that's not a possibility in Dynamic Security Groups. Another ball dropped by Microsoft. When is M$oft going to stop failing halfway through a project?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,599)