cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Share PowerApp with external users

I have searched and found older posts, saying this is not possible. If Microsoft would like to drive adoption, which I'm trying to do. This feature is a must and not for $7/month, especially if the user already has access to PowerApps on their own tenant. I can share the list item with them, but they are unable to access it through PowerApps. I really like PowerApps, but this is forcing me to look for other solutions. 

Thanks,

Dustin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Share PowerApp with external users

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

This is on the roadmap and should be available in the future. No specific details on when it will be added, but it is one of Microsoft's priorities at this point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

I knew it was coming pretty soon as well, but that information came from an NDA source so I couldn't share it.  I wasn't awre that it had actually been publicized.

Highlighted

Re: Compartir PowerApp con usuarios externos

Hello,

I want to know how I can give my clients access to my Power Apps and they can generate their purchase orders eliminating human intervention in the drafting of order lines.

Important, that the client does not have to pay licenses, that the client does not have over costs because he is finally using my licenses.

My email: david.porras@srfconsultores.com

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

The client can either use their own Power Apps licenses or licenses you provide.  But unlike external sharing in other office 365 products they do need to have valid licenses from somewhere.

Highlighted

My client can access my Power Apps without having to pay any cost or license ?, Being my licenses completely legal !!

I implemented Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation and I require my clients to generate their purchase orders externally without my company having to intervene in double typing of purchase orders, can this be done? How would it be done?

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Your client cannot access your apps without a license or cost unless you purchase and assign a license to them. As it explains in this article on sharing Power Apps with external users. The external user must either have their own license or be provided one from your tenant. You having a license as the Maker of the app is not enough.  The external user must also have a valid license for Power Apps.

Highlighted

My company has Power Apps licenses, so, my client can perform dual write with my ERP Dynamics 365 F&O ?, my client can generate purchase orders there without paying for a license since I pay Power licenses Apps?

Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

As long as you assign a license from your tenant to each client, then yes the client will not need to buy a license.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,867)