cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vkevin
Level: Powered On

Share Project

Hi everyone,

I explain the situation. I have created a sandwich management application for my team. I have 2 Database, one for the sandwich and the other one whop stock the information which stores the information generated by the users. My DB are stocked in my OneDrive enterprise. I have set permissions on the folder or contain the DB with Full Control Permissions.
i have tried to share the app with my collegeas in my organisation. I follow the step of Powerapps for shared the application, i test with myself on my smartphone and the web version that works well.

Then i ask to one of my collegeas to test it for me and he got a error message at app launcher :

wp_ss_20161129_0001.png

The datasource can't be dowloaded.

Can you help me ?

Here is the link where i asked help for the creation of the app :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Project-Lunch-Management/td-p/12651

Thanks a lot for your futur help.

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Share Project

Hi Vkevin,

It works from my side, what I did here is just add the person under the sharing list for the sharing files:

7.PNG

Login in OneDrive for Business, find your data source, click on the Sharing column, under Right pane, it will show you the sharing options, please add the user name which you would like to share this data source, change the permission to Can Edit.

After that, check to see if it would work this time.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vicky_Song

@Vkevin, when you share the app you also need to share the connected data source. So, please be sure that your colleague has permission to access your onedrive as well.

Vkevin

I shared everything that was possible to share

I don't understand what i did wrong...

forum appci.png

Vicky_Song

@Vkevin, can your colleague access that OneDrive for business directly in the browser? 

Vkevin

Hi,

Yes they can.

Highlighted
Vkevin

No one can help me ?

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @Vkevin

I know that this is not going to sound very helpful, but could you not migrate to CDS, Access Web Apps or even just SharePoint lists for your data?  All of these were designed from the start to work as databases, so are less likely to give you issues.

If you want to stick to Excel then I would create a simple new app with just one data source (one of your Excel files) and one text box in the screen whose text preperty is CountRows(MyDataSource).  Test it on yourself to see if it works and then with your colleagues and ensuring that you turn on all the sharing at the OneDrive and PowerApps level.  This way you avoid any of the noise related to the actual app mechanics.

PS I presume you and your colleagues are all on the same domain?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,300)