cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gasilva8
Helper II
Helper II

Share SP based app without including team members

I built an app using Sharepoint and stored my database using Lists. Now I would like to make the app available to my organization without adding all of them as members on my SP team, so I can keep my data safe.

As far as I know there is no way to do that, since is not enough just to share the app with users. I have to share the app with users and add them on my SP team to give them access to view/edit the data.

What I did to prevent users to find the lists was to hide them in SharePoint, but I still have to add new users to SP team to let them access the data using the app. 

Is there a way to workaround that?

2 REPLIES 2
rsaikrishna
Super User
Super User

@gasilva8 

Does the users perform CRUD operations (Create/Read/Update/Delete)?

If users are performing only Create operation, then we can create the SP lists in a different SharePoint site where all the users can be added with proper permission, after the data is added, you can use Power Automate to move the data to the lists in your Team site. 

Otherwise, we must add them to your team as you mentioned by trimming their permissions to lists.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gasilva8 ,

There is a method that works when the number of people in the organization is small.

Firstly, you could create an account that has permission to crud sp list.

Then you could log in powerapps with users' account (make.powerapps.com) and create a sp connection for them.

Finally, switch account and change the account to the account in the first step. 

At this time, all users will use the 'public account'.

In addition, if you use this method, the record creator will be the same.

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,313)