Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Share an application and its images

Hello.

I have developed an application using the mobile template for one EXCEL with images in Onedrive. Everything runs ok if i work alone with it. When i have shared the app and the folder with the EXCEL file and the folder with de images (data_images) with other user, the invited user can not see the images. In the EXCEL powerapps records the hard path to de data_images folder, for example, ".\data_images\image.jpg". I tihnk this is the reason why the other user can not access the file, but, what can I do for the other can use the app and see the images?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

We have this working now. If you put the useraccount of each user's connection to the same user, it works perfectly. In the browser you have to click 'auth' for that in the right upper corner. In Android it was an option underneath a button with three dots (if I recollect well).

Hope this helps.

Rob

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Bimtng,

I am not sure if this is an issue about Shared folders. I am confirming and testing on my side, I will back to you once I got any updates.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Bimtng,

What permission level have you specified when you shared the Excel file and the folder with images? Please try to specify the Permission level to “Can edit” to see if it works.

And you are using OneDrive but not Onedrive for Business?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi Mabel.

The permission is that the client can edit.

I do use Onedrive for Business.

I would appreciate very much your help. I am absolotely lost.

Thanks

Highlighted

I am going to explain with details which is my problem:

1. I have develped an app based on the template of a mobile.

2. I used an EXCEL file with images, stored in my own user's onedrive business folder.

3. I don´t have any problem.

4. When I want to share the app, I do it in powerapps, and I share the folder to the user with edit grants.

Well, the user can execute the app, but can not access the data (neither EXCEL nor images). It seems that he can not access the folder.

I do not know what to do. I am desperate.

Thanks.

Highlighted

I'm haveing the same issue. It seams there has been a fix for OneDirve for Business that allows people to share properly now, but I'm still having an issue with the images folder. It seams that it creates a folder in the users OneDrive root. It seams like OneDrive and PowerApps aren't playing nice.

Has any one found a fix?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Diddo on having the same issue.

Sharing a PowerApp with a colleague means we share the same Excel spreadsheet, but the images go to our respective OneDrive folders, even though my OneDrive images location is shared with editing to my colleague.

At a minimum, this should be a configurable option for the developer, though I would expect a data source to consistently store it's child parts - the image - alongside the parent - the spreadsheet - by default.

Could someone from the PowerApps team tell us whether what we are seeing is expected or a bug?

Cheers,

Eric

Highlighted

We have this working now. If you put the useraccount of each user's connection to the same user, it works perfectly. In the browser you have to click 'auth' for that in the right upper corner. In Android it was an option underneath a button with three dots (if I recollect well).

Hope this helps.

Rob

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Did you ever any luck getting this to run properly? I'm having the same problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,717)