cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Share app with organisation does not work!

Hello,

I have created my first app. All data connections works fine. When I share it with a specific user they get access, and it shows up in the Powerapps app on their mobile devices. No problems.

Now I want to share it with the entire organisation.

When I choose to share it with the organisation, then it does not show up on the Powerapps list on for example an iphone for users that I have not explicitly added earlier.

Capture.PNG

Why is that? Do I need to share it with the organisation through an account that has admin rights in AD?

Please help. I need our organisation to access this app on an event in 5 days, and there a 2200 of us. I can not add them one, by one obviously....

Regards,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi Michael,

Apps that are created from the SharePoint are automatically shared with the organziation, and are intended to be shared and consumed as public views in the SharePoint list.  By default, these apps are hidden from users in the PowerApps iOS/Android/Windows/web clients.  Your users should be able to consume these apps in the following ways:

1. Launch the app from the view of the list: see https://powerapps.microsoft.com/tutorials/open-app-embedded-in-sharepoint/.

2. You can share the app directly to the users by either entering their email address OR a security group that they are a part of, and then your users should be able to see the app show-up in their iOS/Android/Windows/web clients.

3. Share a direct web link to your app and your users can open the app in the web player:

app.png

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Michael,

Can you confirm how you created the app?  Did you happen to create the app by starting from the Studio experience or did you create the app started from SharePoint?

Thanks,

James

Highlighted

Hello,

I started from Sharepoint.

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted

Hi Michael,

Apps that are created from the SharePoint are automatically shared with the organziation, and are intended to be shared and consumed as public views in the SharePoint list.  By default, these apps are hidden from users in the PowerApps iOS/Android/Windows/web clients.  Your users should be able to consume these apps in the following ways:

1. Launch the app from the view of the list: see https://powerapps.microsoft.com/tutorials/open-app-embedded-in-sharepoint/.

2. You can share the app directly to the users by either entering their email address OR a security group that they are a part of, and then your users should be able to see the app show-up in their iOS/Android/Windows/web clients.

3. Share a direct web link to your app and your users can open the app in the web player:

app.png

Thanks,

James

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello James,

Thank you for the response. You were right. When I added a security group it worked fine (your point 2).

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted

How do you add or create a security group?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,436)