cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Share apps with a Office365 Group

Hi,

Ive started a new project and i wish to add each new microsoft user to a Office365 group and then share the group with powerapps (to save a considerable amount of time, rather than put each user in manually and add each user when then start the job) 

Is this possible yet? ive tried and my group does not show with the share option of powerapps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Do you want to share a PowerApps app to a Office 365 Group?

If you want to share a PowerApps app to a Office 365 Group, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, we could only share an app with individual users or security Groups in your Azure Active Directory. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-an-app

On your side, you could consider create a security Group, add your new Microsoft users into this security group, then you could share your app to this security group.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @shaneOZ

The O365 group is displayed at my end and I can able to add it. Are you able to add any other group? 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Do you want to share a PowerApps app to a Office 365 Group?

If you want to share a PowerApps app to a Office 365 Group, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, we could only share an app with individual users or security Groups in your Azure Active Directory. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-an-app

On your side, you could consider create a security Group, add your new Microsoft users into this security group, then you could share your app to this security group.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Had the same question... and must say it's a shame one can't Share apps with group.

Have a few Apps for a Sharepoint page and all who want access to that page is put in the groups Visitors group, which only has access to that page and the sharepoint lists that the app uses.

Would have been so much easier if I could have added the same group in the App sharing... so that when someone was added to the visitors group automatic got access to both the page, sources and the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,566)