cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coatsy35
Level: Powered On

Re: Share point pictures can not be seen on IOS Devices

@v-xida-msft

Do we have a dev update on this yet? Really annoying, you can display pictures when first uploaded if you call the picture via a gallery (using this method: https://wonderlaura.com/2018/08/23/powerapps-gallery-of-attachments/) but as said you can't recall images on mobile apps that are attachments for a record.

Surely there must be some timeframe for this by now? It's such a basic feature. Works well on the web, just need it on devices!

Dan

A recent blog I posted may help you insofar as displaying images in both the web browser client and equally well on the mobile device apps:

SharePoint-Powered Thumbnails Have Arrived!

Per my blog, photos are rendered from a SharePoint Document Library. Given however that it is far easier to upload files as attachments to a list item wrt photos in particular, I have used a relatively simple Flow quite similar to the technique describe by Kris Dai on a recent post on this forum that copies/moves photos uploaded as attachments from a SharePoint List to a SharePoint Document Library.

In the post / Flow definition Kris detailed, the Flow is instantiated when a new List item is created. However in my experience it can take a while for the Flow to run after an item is added so I alternatively immediately instantiate the Flow from PowerApps directly as soon as the list item is created and found this far more appealing from an overall user experience.

Coatsy35

It does seam quite rediculous that microsoft haven't sorted this yet, if you copy the AbsoluteUri link/text and paste it into a browser it will load the link perfectly and you can see the image. Seams liek they shoudl have fixed this a long time ago.

@Coatsy35 wrote:

It does seam quite rediculous that microsoft haven't sorted this yet, if you copy the AbsoluteUri link/text and paste it into a browser it will load the link perfectly and you can see the image. Seams liek they shoudl have fixed this a long time ago.

Have you checked on this forum whether anyone has put forward an idea / suggestion for your particular requirement?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

If not and you feel strongly that this should be prioritized why not add a new Idea. If enough other users on this forum subsequently vote for your idea, the PowerApps team will treat this requirement far more seriously. 

Just a thought...

Coatsy35

It's on there many times, over a long period of time. Something so simple should just work, it works in a web browser. Does anyone from MS actually read and respond to these forums?

I do feel your pain.

If it's any consolation I can assure you Microsoft most definitely monitor these forums.

I put forward a new idea pertaining to this topic:

View thumbnail images of List Item Attachments on mobile devices

No harm in voting for it :-).

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

HI All,

I'm sorry for the prolonged issue with this functionality. We do monitor the forums and they are meant to be a resource towards solving problems. Clearly this thread needs more eyes on it and I will share this with the Product Team and have an update posted here. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you, and please include also an update for the ability of work offline. Because that is other a “must have” feature with no code needed
Thx
Highlighted
Power Automate Staff Audrie-MSFT
Power Automate Staff

Has anyone tried to use the thumbnail images instead? These seem to work well when you're using a gallery pointed to pictures in a photo or document library.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qts5dS3-t0I 

Audrie

Coatsy35

Something must have changed, if you set the image to ThisItem.value my apps on IOS now show the images!

I have a gallery showing the customer records, called Gallery1. I then have a edit form showing the detaisl from the selected record in Gallery1, my last datacard containts a gallery called Gallery2, which shows the prictures that are stored as attachments against the selected record. Gallery2's items are set to Gallery1.Selected.Attachments and the image in the gallery is set to ThisItem.value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,718)