cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coatsy35
Level: Powered On

Re: Share point pictures can not be seen on IOS Devices

@Audrie-MSFT wrote:

Has anyone tried to use the thumbnail images instead? These seem to work well when you're using a gallery pointed to pictures in a photo or document library.

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qts5dS3-t0I 

Audrie

That would be sweet if we could save attachments on a from to a library insatead of a SP list. 

Ciprian

We're experiencing the same issue. We have an app where the user uploads a photo which then get's saved in a SPO document library and a photo links get updated in the SPO list. The photos do not display on mobile and they do not display on a PC even if logged into PA unless the user also authentificates with SharePoint then refreshes PA.

I was thinking maybe there is a way for the app to pre-authenticate a SPO login. Is there? 

It is a bit frustrating knowing that the app connects to the datda from SPO, the user is logged into the mobile app yet the photos do not display.

hjaf
Level 8

So, this has basically been broken functionality for a long time now. Why is nothing done about this?
Perhaps its because of some DLP thing, where PowerApps is not allowed to disable the screenshot function on iOS to prevent dataloss of some sort? In any case, this makes no sense, but what is worse is that its no issue in the editor, this implies that we need to test absolutely everylittle change we make in the designer on all possible platform! This is mildy infuriating! /rant

Anyone got a suggestion thread going on about this one? preferably the suggestion with the most votes 🙂

move-on

I tried a lot with this issue and my found solution is very easier, I assume, it works on iOS, Android, Windows:

take any Image -> First(First(Filter([Table],[check-Param])).Attachments).Value   😉

just originally posted in this thread:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/SP-list-attachment-won-t-open-in-IOS-mobile-...

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @sajarac ,

I picked your post up from your unresponded question.

You can display photos from either attachments or a SharePoint document library on Apple and Android devices easily.

If from a SharePoint Library - in a Gallery  the Image control Image property is 

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

For a Standalone picture on the form

GalleryName.Selected.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

(you can also use Small and Medium

For an Attachment in a gallery with Items showing attachments for selected item - Items of Gallery

GalleryName.Selected.Attachments

Image property in gallery

ThisItem.Value

For standalone picture

GalleryName.Selected.Value

To show the first attachment on a form

First(GalleryName.Selected).Value

We do this with thousands of pictures in the field and it works very reliably.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

sajarac
Level 8

Thank you very much for your response.

And the procedure to save the picture under that SPL is like any patch method right?

Thanks again.

Regards

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @sajarac ,

No, you either attach it like any other attachment or in the case of a Library item, have something in the Library metadata to identify it as belonging to the record. I use a column called IDRef which is the ID of the item in the list that it belongs to.

Happy to elaborate further.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Level 8

Hi @sajarac ,

Did this post address your issue? If so please consider Accept as solution this will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,358)