cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint Choice and Lookup Fields that allow multiple values

I'm creating a PowerApps solution that interacts with data from various SharePoint 2016 On-Prem lists. On my main list, I have the following two fields:

1.  State - Lookup field to the States list and allows multiple values to be selected.

2.  ProjectType - Choice field that allows multiple values to be selected.

In my PowerApps solution, I have a gallery configured with my main list as its datasource. I have labels on the gallery to display fields from the items. I'm able to display field values using the following format:

ThisItem.<Field Name>

Example: ThisItem.Title

For the lookup field, I have the following:

ThisItem.State.Value

It does not display any data and the list items have values for the state field.

For the choice field, it is not recognizing the following:

ThisItem.ProjectType

If I add the above in the text property of the label, it shows an error that says "Name isn't valid". 

Anyone experience a similiar issue with lookup and choice fields that allow multiple values or am I doing something incorrectly? Any help is much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SharePoint Choice and Lookup Fields that allow multiple values

Hi @CodyGros,

I think there is something wrong with the formula that you provided.

If you have enabled "Allow multiple selections" for the State column and ProjectType column in your SP list, within your app, the ThisItem.State.Value formula and the ThisItem.ProjectType formula would return a Table value rather than a Text value, but the Text property of the Label control is required to provide a Text value.

If you want to display the Table value (multiple values) within a Label control of your Gallery, I think the Concat function could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Set the Text property of the Label control to following formula:

Concat(ThisItem.ProjectType, Value&" & ")

Or

Concat(ThisItem.State, Value&" & ")

More details about the Concat function, please check the following article:

Concat function

In addition, you could also consider take a try to use a Listbox control to display LookUp column values instead of Label control within your Gallery. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply @v-xida-msft.

I belive the issue is occuring because of SharePoint 2016 On-Prem. 

StateField.png

StateField.png

StateField.png

What is odd is that it recognizes the State field but ProjectType does not even show up as an option:

StateField.png

I have tested this scenario in our SharePoint Online tenant and everything works as expected. This problem seems to only occur when connecting to an on-prem SharePoint list with lookup and choice fields that allow multiple selections.  I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before with on-prem environment  and this is a known limitiation or if I was doing something incorrectly.

Highlighted

If you have multiselect dropdown values and you want to have conditional visibility you can use the following condition in visible property of that Card or whatever,

If(CountIf(DataCardValue.SelectedItems,Value="Selection Required")>0,true,false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,632)