cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

SharePoint Connector Fail

I created a mini version of larger app that is extremely simple to try to localize an issue I am experiencing. One page, SharePoint connector, one button, one form with two fields.

connector fail.png

Button OnSelect function:

Patch(
['Household Interaction Data'], Defaults(['Household Interaction Data']), {StreetAddress: DataCardValue2.Text, DoorAnswer:DataCardValue7.Selected.Value}
)

The crazy thing here is that, even though PowerApps/SharePoint could populate the field with "DoorAnswer" it later informs me that there is no column called "DoorAnswer." This is a larger version of the error message notified in the first pic, above.

DoorAnswer does not exist.png

Clearly DoorAnswer DOES exist and also, the connector has found it already at least once on this page.

This is confounding and frustrating.

This is supposed to be a simple use-case so I can test IF I can add data to a SharePoint list, not IF I can make PowerApps and the SharePoint connector find the same thing twice on one page.

What am I doing wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@BenDonahue 

Consider changing your formula to the following:

Patch(
    'Household Interaction Data', Defaults('Household Interaction Data'), 
    {StreetAddress: DataCardValue2.Text, DoorAnswer:DataCardValue7.Selected.Value}
)

The square brackets around your datasource names are not valid.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@BenDonahue 

Consider changing your formula to the following:

Patch(
    'Household Interaction Data', Defaults('Household Interaction Data'), 
    {StreetAddress: DataCardValue2.Text, DoorAnswer:DataCardValue7.Selected.Value}
)

The square brackets around your datasource names are not valid.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

BenDonahue
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@RandyHayes ,

You, sir, are a Godsend. Thank you for you quick, and accurate, reply. Watching "TESTTEST" appear in my SharePoint list was a real thing of beauty, I wish you could have seen it; it brought half a tear to my eye.

@BenDonahue 

Glad to help and glad you experienced such a joyous moment!  Now wipe those tears and move on to the next exhilarating experience!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,140)