cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

SharePoint Custom Form for Guest Users with PowerApps

I'm developing a Custom Form using PowerApps in my 0365 SharePoint tenant.

I've created the app and it's working, however when a guest user tries to use the Custom Form (by clicking NEW from the SharePoint List) they get the following error 'You need a current plan or trial to use Power Apps.' and then a button to 'Start a Trial' 

Based on what I've read, including the Q/A's here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form it sounds like a guest user should be able to USE the Custom Form, just not edit it, as answered: 

Q: Do I need a Power Apps license to create or use custom list forms?

A: Guest users can use custom forms. To create custom forms, you need an Office 365 plan that includes Power Apps.

Also, following the documentation here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app '
What license must be assigned to my guest so they can run an app shared with them?
It says that for a SharePoint customized form  NO PA (I assume Power Apps) licence is required.

Am I missing something? The 'App' is a multi screen form with standard connectors attaching to SharePoint lists only (no premium connectors). I've tried both external guest uses invited by email, and creating guest users within the tenant. 
I've assigned the Power Automate Free Licence to the users, and made sure they have edit access to the List the Custom form belongs to. 
I've also tried replicating the issue in a second tenant, and it seems to work there, so I'm wondering if there is a tenant setting somewhere that is preventing the Customized Lists from working? 

Any help at all would be really appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @JosephKenna ,

While you have replicated in another tenant and it seems to work, were you working in a totally same situation, like computers and browsers?

If you were, according to your description that you created the app by Customize forms in SP list without premium connectors, the guests in your tenant are supposed to get the access of editing the SP list to create new records. But at first you have to make sure that the Power Apps licenses in the O365 license which you need to assign to guests is available.

If licenses are available and assigned properly, I assume that it is the tenant setting of “Block trial licenses” issue. You may try to use PowerShell command  to have a try: 

Get-AllowedConsentPlans

Guests using Power Apps app embedded SharePoint List customize forms are accessing Power Apps through the "internal" consent plans, which are either trial licenses or community plans that users can sign themselves up for via Power Apps/Power Automate portals. By default all types of consent plans are allowed in a tenant. If you want to view the current state of allowed consent plans you can use Get-AllowedConsentPlans.

You may refer to the doc below to learn more about cmdlets:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell 

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,985)